08 april

Two perish in house fire in Straseni district

A man and a woman aged 70 and, respectively, 40 died last night in a fire in their house in Cojusna village of Straseni district, IPN reports.

According to the Civil Protection and Emergencies Service, the firefighters struggled to contain the blaze for about 40 minutes. The fire destroyed objects inside three rooms. The cause of fire hasn’t been yet established.

The house wasn’t connected to the supply of electricity. The fire may have been caused by a smoldering cigarette or candle. The investigation goes on.